Thursday, January 15, 2015

new post on holycitychic.com // currently loving: 5 beauty picks

A few products have made me a happy girl recently. You know I've got to share...


It's been a long time since I've found a blush I love until I met the MAC Powder Blush in Margin. You can see just how beautiful it is on Claire. I'd describe this blush as a mauvey-coral with a hint of shimmer. It makes me feel like I've been sunkissed even when that's a far cry from the truth here in January.





The bareMinerals Facial Cleansing Oil makes taking off makeup a breeze. I've finally found something I like just as much as, if not more than, the Clinique Wash-Away Gel Cleanser (to take off makeup, not to cleanse face completely). I massage three pumps of this into my skin and gently on the eyes to remove makeup. Then I rinse and follow up with my regular cleanser. It seriously melts away makeup and feels fantastic, especially in these colder months since it conditions and nourishes the skin.



I don't even know how to describe just how beautiful the glo minerals Luxe Liquid Foundation is. I'm in the shade Naturelle, which I love because it's very olive-toned, so it cancels redness. It feels lightweight on the skin and is more light-reflective and skin-perfecting than the highly rated YSL Touche Eclat foundation, in my opinion. This foundation is formulated with diamond powder (um, diamonds?), which reflects and diffuses light to create a softer complexion. It also is formulated with broad-spectrum SPF 15 and specialized moisturizing agents to deliver a flawless, youthful complexion. I have oily/combination skin and this doesn't get oily on me. At the same time, it is never dry. It's just kind of perfect, and I don't say that often. Just so you know, this is not a full coverage foundation. I would say that it's about medium coverage, but I alway sheer out my foundations with a dampened brush to make them lighter coverage. It's definitely buildable, though, if you are interested in more coverage! It's also not the longest wearing foundation because it's not super matte, but I'm completely ok with having to powder a few times throughout the day for it to stay put. To me it's very similar to Makeup For Ever HD Foundation in terms of longevity. Oh, and it applies beautifully with this brush.



So, I don't own the Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne, but I've sampled it pretty much every time I walk by the fragrance counter. I like to sample a perfume a good handful of times before buying it since they are so pricey. This fragrance smells different than anything I've ever smelled. It's woodsy and fresh at the same time. I think I will be obsessed with this in the spring and summer when I don't really want to smell like a certain perfume, but just want to smell good



I might have a hard time explaining the NuFace Mini Facial Toning Device because, to be honest, I'm still not quite sure exactly what it is or how it works. Doesn't sound too convincing so far, does it? This product was given to me as a gift and I have to say that I noticeably look more refreshed after using it. I even had someone tell me that without that person knowing that I had just used this. By placing the metal tips on the skin, it uses advanced microcurrent technology to improve facial contour, tone, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. You just apply the primer, which is included, then glide this device along a contour of your face in an upward motion. When it beeps, you move it along a different contour of your face. Don't worry, there is a video that explains exactly where to place the product and when. The whole regimen lasts about five minutes, but it can last as long as 20 minutes (I've never used it this long). It's an amazing device and oh! ...it's currently on sale for 20% off at beauty.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! If you ask a question, please make sure your email address is connected to comments through your Blogger profile. If you aren't sure how to do this but still want your question answered, please leave your email address at the end of your comment! Thanks! :)